Kingdom of the Cursed - Kerri Maniscalco


After selling her soul to become Queen of the Wicked, Emilia travels to the Seven Circles with the enigmatic Prince of Wrath, where she’s introduced to a seductive world of vice.
She vows to do whatever it takes to avenge her beloved sister, Vittoria... even if that means accepting the hand of the Prince of Pride, the king of demons.
The first rule in the court of the Wicked? Trust no one. With back-stabbing princes, luxurious palaces, mysterious party invitations, and conflicting clues about who really killed her twin, Emilia finds herself more alone than ever before. Can she even trust Wrath, her one-time ally in the mortal world... or is he keeping dangerous secrets about his true nature?
Emilia will be tested in every way as she seeks a series of magical objects that will unlock the clues of her past and the answers she craves...


One sister.
Two sinful princes.
Infinite deception with a side of revenge… Welcome to Hell.

Kingdom of the cursed is the second book in the Kingdom of the Wicked series by Kerri Maniscalco. 
I LOVED this book soooo much! I just could not put it down, but the ending had me throwing this book accros the room haha. Once again, Kerri Maniscalco's writing had me flying through the book and gripping me from the first chapter to the last.

The book picks up right where the first one left off. The first book left me a little confused about the curse and througout this book that pretty much continued. I do however feel that that was done on perpose to make a grand reveal in the final book where all pieces finally connect. The sexual tension certainly reaches new levels in this book and I am here for it! The scenes where Wrath (once again....) has to save her life, this time using his body heat and feeding her berries had me booking a one way ticket to hell. But unfortunately, I do have to say that Wrath disgusted me at one point in the novel and though he learned from those mistakes and went to great extent to redeem himself—apologizing and following without question orders given by Emilia, I don't 100% forgive him.

Emilia herself is a character is someone I often want to shake. I get that she is grieving and her anger is blinding, but how often does Wrath have to save her life at his own cost for her to see he is not just playing games. I mean come on, take a hint! I however do love the fact that every time he has to save her, it apparently envolves him taking his shirt off :). That beeing said, her character development was done so well and you see her beeing less and less naive. She is absolutely a queen!

Some things that are revealed in the book where kind of predictable and I feel that the story was a going round in circles at some point, but the ending OMG. I swear to god (or should I say the devil? :p) if the next book does not pick up right where this one left off I will loose my mind!

My rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Spice: 🌶🌶🌶
Goodreads rating: 4.29/5

Comments